Monday, February 21, 2011

Grammy Review

I know, like three weeks later, I finally get over my rage and decide to write a review.
THINGS I LIKED:
Lady Gaga's egg entrance. I thought it was really exciting and took the attention offf Miley Cyrus' boob revealing dress.
Florence Welch's dress on the red carpet. She was radiant even though not everybody thought so.
The cover of "Joleen" that night was excellent.
THE RAMONES WON THE LIFETIME ACHEIVEMENT AWARD!!!! PUNK FINALLY WON SOMETHING!!!!!! Isn't that wonderful. Dolly Parton, one of my favorite personalities also won. So congrats guys!
Justin Bieber did NOT win best new artist! But I'll get to that later.
As much as I hate to say it and I will NEVER admit this again, I think Eminem's preformance was exceptional that night even if they did have to turn his mic off about four times. A lot of the preformances fell flat that night (including Rhianna's in that same song, but she had laryngitis I later found, so she is excused from my wrath) but Eminem knows what he's doing by now, so props to you man.
The tribute to Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul! All Hail! That was truly inspiring. And again, Florence Welch is amazing, as well as Martina McBride (total childhood flashback to when Concrete angel was a huuuuuuge hit).
Katy Perry's set surprsingly enough. She sounded pretty good and I loved the set thing.

THINGS I DID NOT LIKE:

What was up with Esperanza Spalding! That hit me out of nowhere! Although it was quite funny to see the Belieber's reactions.
What was up with Cee Lo Green? Rejected Henson Puppets? Granted he preformed well, but it was definite WTH moment.
There was an excess of rap this year. I wish there would have been a little more variety.
I remember that fateful Sunday night well, and I think I saw maybe three awards handed out in an HOUR! Time efficiancy, people! I don't have time to sit around and watch people I don't really wanna see just to find out if Mumford and Sons for Florence and the Machine or Neil Young win anything AND NONE OF THE DID!

Well, end rant. Good night to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment