Tuesday, February 18, 2014

In Which I Answer Important Questions (Not Really)



1. Batfleck?
I know a lot of people might be finding it hard to forgive and forget Daredevil, but Affleck has since become an Academy Award winning director and talented actor. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it, but I'm definitely willing to give it a shot. Back in the day, every fanboy with a blog absolutely crucified Heath Ledger as the Joker, and then he turned out to be one of the best portrayals of ANY villain on film. I have reservations (I also have a hard time forgetting and forgiving Daredevil), but hey, things have changed.

Do you even do book reviews anymore?
Yeah, but I most do them over on Goodreads, and most of the time they're pretty short. So I don't post a lot of them here. But yeah, definitely. I'm muddling through Allegient by Veronica Roth, which I am A) pretty sure I spelled wrong and B) am not really liking thus far.

Frozen?
Oh it was so cute! And it was cool that it was about a sister relationship as opposed to a romantic one. Idina Menzel is still the queen, Kristen Bell was great, and Jonathon Groff needed more than fifty seconds of singing. The animation was gorgeous too. I will say that I feel like it's a bit over-hyped but hey, it was still pretty great.



 DC or Marvel?
I have a sort of complicated answer to that question. I prefer Marvel's heroes to DC's, but DC's villains to Marvel. But there are two exceptions on both ends: Wonder Woman and Loki. Marvel's heroes are flawed, which makes them infinitely interesting and able to do different kinds of tones and stories without seeming out of place or weirdly out of character. But DC's villains definitely deal with more psychological elements and seem somewhat more dangerous than some of the mustache twirling that goes on with Marvel villains (Loki admittedly included).

What about the wizard rock thing?
I've currently written some instrumental things but I'm working on some cool things to release soon.

 Gal Gadot?
I'm just excited that we're FINALLY GETTING A WONDER WOMAN MOVIE LIKE WHOA. Do I wish she had a bigger body type? Yeah, I kinda do. But I also like that she's Israeli and has seen service in the military. I'm sure she can pull of the physicality come shoot time. Acting? I haven't seen her in anything, so I can't say, but I'm excited!

Friendly reminders?
There is life outside your apartment, and if someone asks if you're a god,  you say yes!

Cosplay???
This year: The Riddler (Arkham City), Rogue (newest incarnation), Ramona Flowers, Fili from the Hobbit (I've got a Kili and a Smaug and a Bilbo too, don't fret).

Best comic book currently running?
Hawkeye. If you're not won over by Pizza Dog, you are probably not a human being or had your heart surgically removed at birth.

Swiggity Swag?
The Nightmare stag.

This has gotten too lengthy. I'm gonna quit now.

-Randi




No comments:

Post a Comment