Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ah, 2011 movies.

So being my nerd self, I'm looking ahead at different movies that are coming out and I'm a bit disappointed myself. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights.


Red Riding Hood- All the signs of a despicable movie. Twilight director, sexy male lead, whimpering female lead.... well no. I'm not going to call it a lead. More like a tag-a-long to male lead because said female can't defend herself and must depend on dude to do everything for her. *rolls eyes* Not to mention paranormal romanticizing (Sp?) of an old myth.

Beastly- This SHOULD be in the same vein of RRH, but it isn't. Beauty and the Beast was originally a very romantic fairy tale, so the romantical aspect of Beastly doesn't bother me, as it's a modern retelling. And from all trailers, I really love the makeup. It's perfectly horrifying (mind spelling, I'm still retired from the church retreat).

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- Nuff said. It's going to be epic, and I don't mean that in the slang term. I mean it in Middle-Earth-Is-About-To-Blow-Up-Because-of- Daleks EPIC!

3 comments:

  1. Between you, Rose and the commercials, I'm totally curious to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be out midsummer, early fall at the latest I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh! I read Beastly. It was pretty good. The Twilight movies after the first one were okay, but since Red Riding Hood is directed by Catherine Harwick (the director of the first Twilight movie), it's sure to be awful.

    ReplyDelete