Monday, July 23, 2012

A Word on the Shootings in Colorado

Thursday night was a big one in the movie industry. It was the much anticipated midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises.
As you all know, it didn't end well in Colorado.
I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. The guy behind this is nothing short of a terrorist and deserves to be imprisoned. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected. This should have been a night of good film and friends, not one of tragedy and horror. I cannot even begin to fathom what these families are going through. I've heard so many heart wrenching stories of what happened that night and it sounds like a nightmare. I can't imagine why anyone would ever even THINK of doing something like this.
And while my pain is nowhere near the level of those actually involved, I feel like this has had an impact on myself as well. The movie theater is a second home, a place where I have learnt, laughed, screamed, cried, and had so many adventures. This feels like a violation of my space.
I hope that comic book fans, film fans, and all decent people can come together and get through this situation together.
Again, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Deus operatur per omnia.


-Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment