Monday, January 9, 2012

Golden Globe Predictions

So the Golden Globes are mostly a joke in my mind. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't impress me. Like last year, The Tourist, which I'll admit I didn't see but didn't think would be any good either, made their best picture list. It was a questionable decision either way. But anyway,  here's some predictions I have. Oh, and I haven't seen a lot of these movies so I'm merely predicting based on a lot of opinions I gathered from fellow film enthusiasts.

Best Motion Picture - Drama
The Descendants
The Help
Hugo
The Ides Of March
Moneyball
War Horse

What I want to Win: The Help, simply because the film drove me to tears and it was actually good. Maybe even better then the book, I'm not sure yet.

What will end up winning:  Eh, probably Huge, Moneyball, or War Horse.
***************************************************************
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Glenn Close – Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis – The Help
Rooney Mara – The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep – Iron Lady
Tilda Swinton – We Need To Talk About Kevin


Who I want to win: Viola Davis who was the only one of I saw out of the bunch.
Who will end up winning: I think Viola David has a good shot, but I heard Rooney Mara was good playing the messed up Lisbeth Salander in the equally messed up Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.


************************************************************************


Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
George Clooney – The Descendants
Leonardo DiCaprio – J. Edgar
Michael Fassbender – Shame
Ryan Gosling – The Ides Of March
Brad Pitt – Moneyball


Who I want to win: Brad Pitt, because Moneyball is honestly the only movie I wanted to see out of this (because of Aaron Sorkin writing the script).
Who will win: Michael Fassbender or Brad Pitt.


************************************************************************
Best Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical
50/50
The Artist
Bridesmaids
Midnight In Paris
My Week With Marilyn

(How is The Artist, a silent film, a musical?)


What I want to win: This is a hard one. I'll have to go with My Week With Marilyn though. Because I actually might see it.

Who will win: 50/50, The Artist, or Midnight in Paris.

******************************************************************************

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical
Jodie Foster – Carnage
Charlize Theron – Young Adult
Kristen Wiig – Bridesmaids
Michelle Williams – My Week With Marilyn
Kate Winslet – Carnage


Who I want to win:  Charlize Theron, because if Diablo Cody trusts her, I trust her. Or Michelle Williams because I might actually see my week with  Marilyn, plus, I've heard her performance is spot on.
Who will win: Kristen Wiig (whom I love, but I didn't see Bridesmaids) or Carlize Thereon.


****************************************************************************************
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical
Jean Dujardin – The Artist
Brendan Gleeson – The Guard
Joseph Gordon-Levitt – 50/50
Ryan Gosling – Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Owen Wilson – Midnight In Paris


Who I want to win: Joseph Gordon-Levitt without a doubt.
Who will win: Jean Dujardin, whom I wouldn't mind winning at all, or Ryan Gosling, because his abs could persuade anyone to vote for anything. Fangirl moment over.
*****************************************************************************
 Best Foreign Language Film
The Flowers Of War (China)
In The Land Of Blood And Honey (United States)
The Kid With A Bike (Belgium)
A Separation (Iran)
The Skin I Live In (Spain)


I didn't see any of these films, and the only one I even know anything about is The Skin I Live In, so my money is on that one.
************************************************************************************
Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Berenice Bejo – The Artist
Jessica Chastain – The Help
Janet McTeer – Albert Nobbs
Octavia Spencer – The Help
Shailene Woodley – The Descendants

Who I want to win: Jessica Chastain or Berenice Bejo. 
Who will end up winning: Berenice Bejo
******************************************************************************
Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Kenneth Branagh – My Week With Marilyn
Albert Brooks – Drive
Jonah Hill – Moneyball
Viggo Mortensen – A Dangerous Method
Christopher Plummer – Beginners

Who I want to win: This is weird, because out of the five films, I could honestly live with all of them, but I honestly love Jonah Hill, so maybe he'll just make it.
Who will end up winning: Kenneth Branagh, which again, I'm ok with.

*******************************************************************************
Best Director - Motion Picture
Woody Allen – Midnight In Paris
George Clooney – The Ides Of March
Michel Hazanavicius – The Artist
Alexander Payne – The Descendants
Martin Scorsese – Hugo

Who I want to win: Michel Hazanavicius, because he had the guts to put out a silent film in 2011
Who will end up winning: Martin Scorsese, which is fine by me, because I had to sit in a theater and LISTEN (long story) to Hugo and I still liked it.


Who do you think is gonna win stuff? Let me know.

-Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment