Friday, July 1, 2011

Owl City's Newest: All Things Bright And Beautiful (Review)

So Owl City brings to mind "Fireflies" or "Vanilla Twilight" or "Cave In" for most of you, but we've got new tunes from Adam Young to get on to.
First of all, Adam is awesome. Great vocals, totally trippy instrumentation, and even trippier lyrics, if not slightly hilarious.
The first time I  listened to this album  I was driving around with my brother of awesome, and it was just the perfect soundtrack for the moment, so I'm going to take the time ro review it.
The Real World- One of my favorite songs on the album hands down. Very quoteable, great way to get started off. 
Deer in the Headlights- Funny lyrics do well for Owl City. This song will make you laugh AND it's insanely catchy.
Angels- This is Adam's "Aaron Gillespie moment" as my brother put it. It's a pretty darn dramatic tune for being on an Owl City album.
Dreams Don't Turn To Dust- This song really reminds me of Fireflies. The more electronic-y OC songs and a superb example of an earmole.  Prepare to be singing it for the rest of your life.
Honey and the Bee- Kind of the answer to The Bird and the Worm from Ocean Eyes. Features that one European chick that's kind of sort of not really famous in America (not Lykke Li, the other one). I frimly believe girls everywhere are gonna fall in love with this and put it's lyrics in their emo Deviantart pictures.
Kamikaze- Your formulatic Owl City song, but it's such a good formula. Play on words, insomnia inspired lyrics, one of the more toe-tapping, energetic in an album of more chill music than I'm used to
January 28, 1986/Galaxy- The former is an intro composed of sound clips from the Discovery Space Shuttle lift off while Galaxy is a praise to the Creator. Another one of my personal favorites. Very very cosmic.
Hospital Flowers- Adorable. That's all I can say. Another favorite (in the top five songs on this album).
Alligator Sky- This features some rapper guy who I'm too tired to find. Trippy trippy trippy.
I have two tracks that I haven't throughly picked apart yet, but I'll be happy to post them later.
Night all. I'll start updating more, I swear.

-Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment