Sunday, June 26, 2011

True Grit REVIEWED!

Hello faithful readers! I'm here to review the 2010 remake of the already fantastic True Grit. Cohen Brothers always do a really good job with whatever they're doing and this is no exception. Starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, and bursting onto the scene in her first mainstream role Hailee Steinfeld.
Story- The typical I WILL AVENGE MY FATHER! Type deal, but it was still interesting to watch. Mattie Ross' (Hailee Steinfeld) father has been killed by some guy named Tom Chaney and she hires Marshal Rueban "Rooster' Cogburn to go kill him/bring him in to the authorties to be killed. Then LeBouef (that's the only part of his name I remember, played by Matt Damon) joins the mix. So those three go out to catch this guy in unsettled Indian country.
Action, laughs, tears, whiskey, shooting contests,  awkward silences, and general awesome ensues.
Go watch it. I'm too lazy to write more because I want to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment