Saturday, January 22, 2011

Waking Sleeping Beauty

So, as I've stated before, I'm somewhat of a Tim Burton fantic. And a Pixar fanatic (Chicken Little is my homeboy)
So I was looking for another movie to rent and I found what looked to be an awesome documentary called Waking Sleeping Beauty.
I almost died when it credited John Lasseter and Tim Burton right next to each other.
So I rent the movie, watch it all the way through, and give a huge sigh.
I have one question to the people who credited the movie.
So, if you get approximatly four scenes with two of the people mentioned (two for each visionary), can they really be credited as actors in the movie!?!?!?!
I swear, I got ten second facefuls of two of my favorite directors pretty much twice during the movie.
Don't get me wrong, WSB was a good documentary, I just wish they would've spread it out more equally. It spent way too much time on the fighting big wigs at the time. I felt it set this huge goal that the directors were MILES short of.
It was kind of like when I bought Patti Smith's biography JUST KIDS. I was expecting a tale of life on the road with a rock and roll band and on what being a punk rocker poet chick would be like.
Instead I got a beautiful story of two artists in the Chelsea Hotel, surrounded by the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Jefferson Airplane.
In both cases, I like the story, it just wasn't what I was expecting.
So yes, if you're looking to see it, just remember you're going to get something different than described.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. But what was it about, exactly? And how long is it?

    ReplyDelete