Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Review

Well, considering the first time I tried to do it I ended up crying, here is a full, very biased review of the last Harry Potter adventure.
SPOILERS FOR THE SUPA FANS AHEAD!
We start off where we left off in Part 1 with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand from Dumbledore (small tear ensues).
Then the trio rob Gringotts, sneak back into Hogwarts, you know the story.
First all the stuff I liked:
-McGonagall (Maggie Smith) dueling Severus Snape (The great Alan Rickman) in the Great Hall and then bringing the light back to the room just made my heart swell.
-The Dragon!!!!!! DRAGONS!
-Helena Bonham Carter did a wonderful job of pretending to be Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix. That's a hard task to accomplish and she does it so well.
-Neville (Matt Lewis) really gets to step up in this part, and Matt really just topped off the whole film. It's been a joy to see him grow from scared little klutz to the hero depicted here.
- The Prince's Tale/ Snape's Death are the only places I let myself sob during. I loved it to pieces. I was so happy.
-The Room of Requirement chase scene with the Fiendfyre and everything. Oh my Lady Gaga, that was awesome.
-The awkward Voldemort/Draco hug of AWESOME! That made me laugh so hard.
-Ron's little one liner as he gets Hermione into the Chamber of Secrets. The whole theater laughed.
-Yes, you knew it was coming. THE RON/HERMIONE KISS! It was tremendous and funny and the theater cheered loudly the two times I've seen it.
-Molly Weasly/ Bellatrix. I'd been waiting for that since the first time I read the sequence in the books.
-VOLDEMORT CONFETTI!
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
I think the Prince's Tale could've been a bit better, but I had such high expectations that would've been impossible to reach them in the first place.
-THEY DIDN'T MEND HARRY'S WAND!!!!!! What was this?!?!??!!??!?!/ It would've taken five seconds to film! I would rather have Harry mend his wand than Neville's motivational speech.
-As much as I like the Bellatrix and Voldemort confetti, I would've prefered the original deaths.
-What happened to the Cloak of Invisibility? Not even mentioned even though it's one of the freakin' Deathly Hallows!

I was happy with the film. It was a fitting send off. I'm gonna miss the premieres and such as the years wear on. But knowing Hollywood, be prepared for re-makes.
I'll write a report on the premiere itself when I get the time.


Much love and Sonic Screwdrivers,
Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment