Okay, aggresive title aside, if you haven't watched History Channel's Vikings yet, you're sorely missing out on the best epic show this side of Westeros. While there may be a few attempts to make this look like some Game of Thrones knock off, especially in terms of marketing, this show is actually pretty dang original for what it is. So here's an informative list of reasons why you should watch the most manly show you've ever seen (with sweet feminism).
1. Aforementioned awesome feminism. Female warrior vikings? Yup. Head queen in charge vikings? Yup. Having none of your stupidity today vikings? Yup.
2. It is for the most part historically accurate, hence the History Channel thing. The attention to detail in the sets, costumes, and actions of the characters is amazing, and fits well with the tone of the story as well.
3. The story is intriguing, if a little scattered occasionally, but the writers usually get it back together by the end of the episode. The last episode aired probably raised my blood pressure with all of it's tension.
4. A+ religious symbolism, especially in terms of Athelstan, one of the characters in the story.
5. It's actually funny amidst all of the darkness sometimes.
7. Doesn't gloss over much, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. There's some blood, guts, and childbirth. But that's in keeping with the historical approach we're going for.
Seriously though, what are you waiting for. Vikings is gonna rock your history socks off. The last episode of the first season airs next Sunday, April 28, and I eagerly await the results. The most manly and awesome show on television just so happens to be one of my new favorites.